Monday, October 12, 2009

Breaking Gear!

A couple of weeks ago, Clint's(lead guitar) guitar amp was on the fritz. We were practicing as a band, and Clint's amp just kept shutting off. After a little investigating, he noticed that it had blown a fuse. He replaced the fuse and continued to play. Not even halfway through the song, it blew out again. He did this a few times and realized that something was seriously wrong with the amp. Eventually he switched it out for Brian's line 6 amp that he had laying around, and ended up playing through that amp for the next 2 shows. He is still working on getting it fixed at the local shop.

We were all kind of making fun his faulty gear. Telling him that he needed to be more dependable and get his gear in tip top shape.. Of course as fate and karma would have it, this last weeks practice, we had a new problem. About halfway through our practice, My processor unit just shut down and gave an error warning on the screen. The processor is where I get all of the guitar effects that I use, so it is really going to effect our sound until I get it fixed. I guess I learned my lesson now. Making fun of someone elses gear is not worth the karma that comes back because now I am totally lost without my amp in working condition!

1 comment:

  1. It turns out that my amp breaking was a blessing in disguise, It has forced me to re-work the sound of my guitar and amp. It is time to get away from that processor unit and use something else! Everything happens for a reason..

    ReplyDelete